College of Nursing
Importance of well qualified nurses has remained uppermost in the minds of all those at the helm of AFPGMI.College of Nursing in Pakistan Army for Basic and Post Basic Nursing Training was established in 1956 at Combined Military hospital Lahore.
Later on it was relocated to Armed Forces Medical College Rawalpindi in 1959.
Since then Institute was aspiring to revolutionize the changes in nursing education.To sow the seeds of higher nursing degrees BSc Nursing Degree programme started in 2005. Now college has number of Masters in Nursing qualified faculty and looking forward to start its own indigenous Masters in Nursing.
College has recently been shifted to its new building which includes state of the art teaching and learning facilities which are all synonymous with aspirations of higher education
Following are the instructional objectives:-
- To prepare AFNS officers with higher degree of clinical decision making skills at the care delivery level who can serve as a role model to enhance the quality patient care.
- To ensure the pool of competent nurses to support health care system.
- In order to impart advanced knowledge for development of the Nursing Profession in Pakistan Army and in the community.
- Our nursing instructors have responsibility to serve in College of Nursing of Armed Forces Post Graduate Medical Institute with total commitment and adhere to philosophy and strive hard to achieve the goals of this institute as a successful organization.
SIGNIFICANCE OF DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- They are committed to provide an education environment which is conducive to enhance knowledge and skill of its student nurses.
The rapid advancement of modern scientific behavior in general has created nursing to be highly specialized and technical service. No longer it is possible for nurses to acquire a safe level of practice through empirical means alone. They require skills and in-depth knowledge. More educated and clinically competent nurses can both influence improvement in patient care delivery and influence nurses and other health professionals to view a nursing as practice based profession.
© 2015 AFPGMI.com , All Rights Reserved